by Chris Banescu -
How do you know when you have successfully argued and defended your position when debating with leftists or progressives on Facebook (or face-to-face)?
Look for these telling signs (not necessarily in this exact order):
1. They call you an “extremist, radical, racist, Teabagger, heartless capitalist, or FoxNews cultist.”
2. They declare that “you’re a ‘hater’ or you’re angry.”
3. They ignore the facts and evidence you present, and challenge your “motivations” instead. (Note, you are not allowed to question their motivations.)
4. They accuse you of “insulting” any liberal, progressive, or leftist that you criticize, and remind you that it’s “rude” to do so.
5. They question your intelligence, experience, education, ethnic background, and/or religious beliefs.
6. They denounce you as “intolerant and judgmental.” [Read more...]